July has quickly appeared and nice weather has followed. Fishing is good for some and not so good for others. Welcome to the life of bluefin fishing. Sure miss the days of dumb albacore. NOAA has reported a 90 % chance of a strong El Nino this summer. Would be nice to see some wahoo and blue marlin show up in local waters. One can dream.
As of July we have 78 members. Please welcome new members:
- Rob Leckrone – 25′ Grady White- Sparky
- Patrick Sanchez – 22′ Sea Hunt- Sea Hunt
- Jack Mitchell – 31′ Eastern- Mongo
- Brian Wilson – 25′ Grady White- Sparky
- John Haworth – 24′ Robalo- Paddy Mackeral
- Waynne Yasuda – 36′ Pacifica – Encounter
A big congratulations to new member Rob Leckrone for Winning Fish Of the Month with a 61 pound Bluefin caught on a long soak in the Coronado canyon.
FUTURE EVENTS :
- JULY 15\16 – TUNA TOURNAMENT
- AUGUST 19\20 – WHAT’S HOT TOURNAMENT
- SEPTEMBER- MONTH LONG JERRY AND ROY LIVELY MARLIN TOURNAMENT
- SEPTEMBER 22nd-24th : THE 49TH MBMC MARLIN TOURNAMENT
- NOVEMBER 18\19 – ROCKCOD\LINGCOD TOURNAMENT
- JULY 22nd – 50TH ANNIVERSARY MBMC CELEBRATION at BAY PARK FISH 4:00 pm – PLEASE RSVP by July 18 DETAILS
- JULY 30th – JERRY LIVELY CELEBRATION OF LIFE -1:00 pm AT MARINA VILLAGE DOCKSIDE ROOM DETAILS
- SEPTEMBER 2nd – MARLIN SEMINAR . 2:00-5:00 pm MARINA VILLAGE DELI. Will have members on hand to assist in rigging marlin lures. So bring your gear! Details to follow.
- SEPTEMBER 22nd- CAPTAINS MEETING for THE 49TH MBMC MARLIN TOURNAMENT at MARINA VILLAGE ROOM E-1 5:30-8:30PM
We still have limited edition 50th Anniversary tee shirts available, both short and long sleeves. Once these shirts are gone there will be no more! These are great shirts and very reasonably priced. Pick yours up at the Anniversary Celebration.
Hope to see everybody at our upcoming events. Your participation is what makes our club great.