Greetings fellow MBMC members….as always, I hope this message finds you well.
Before jumping in, I wanted to just let you all know in case you’ve missed it, fishing has been phenomenal throughout the Southern California region. Reports of tonnage of Bluefin Tuna in as close as the 270 off Mission Bay, all the way up past Catalina Island. Same story goes for quality grade Dorado and Yellowtail and a nice mix of Yellowfin Tuna. I also heard chatter of a Wahoo taken last week. Amazing fishing…..get out there!
Congrats to member Lou Hayden for his July FOM win with a 104 lb BFT. Well done Lou!
I want to welcome these new and returning members….best of luck to you all this year:
- Jeff Kaiser – Drew Ann, 21′ Grady White
- Ron Reece – Hustler, 23′ Maritime
- Waynne Yasuda – Encounter, 36′ Pacifica
- Be sure to register for the Marlin Seminar – Pt II being held this Sunday (August 28th) from 2-6 PM to include a taco bar dinner. This second round will be more focused on the knots and lure rigging aspects of the hunt for billfish in So Cal and is sure to provide quality input from a number of skilled club members. Please RSVP by Wednesday, August 24!
- To start off the Sept 2022 month, don’t forget to sign up for this year’s Roy Lively Month-Long Marlin Tournament. Always a fav for those that can make it out this time of year! Click for Month Long Tournament Details
- To cap off Sept Marlin fishing, MBMC will be hosting the Annual Marlin Tournament with a captains meeting kicking off on Sept 23rd, tournament fishing the 24th, and an amazing awards banquet capping off the fun on Sunday, Sept 25th. Be sure to sign up before September 15, 2022, to qualify for the early bird prize drawing. Special thanks goes out to John Brudwick for his generous $1000.00 contribution to the event. There are always tons of great raffle prizes available to those that attend. Click here for Annual Marlin Tournament Details
***Dana landing fuel discount update!!!
Important Notice! Dana Fuel Dock discount. To receive the discount, the Dana employee may ask you for your membership number. Your Dana Fuel Dock membership number is your cell phone number with area code.
I think that about covers everything for now. Until next time….
Tight lines and smooth seas,